Sunday, April 09, 2006

Spring Time!



I love the Spring after winter. The Lord is so thoughtful and purposeful in creating the seasons of life in the timeline, He did. I dont think I would apprciate the life of spring as much if it didnt follow the death of winter. The flowers' blooms and smells. The skys' hues and shapes. The earth's colors and growth. My own heart's awakenness to "New Life". I was studying this morning over coffee and came across this verse. "Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come along. For BE-hold(stay upon; mediate in; grab hard to) the winter is past( the same word for passing through the red sea and over the jordan river; denoting movement and transportation from one to another; disappearance of what is behind and visible direction to what is ahead) and the rain is over and gone. The flowers have already appeared(shown themselves and caused themselves to be seen doing their purpose) in the land; The time has arrived for pruning (singing) the vines.." How precious are those Words. The Bible is so specific and directed in how it teaches and exhorts us. My mind is reminded of Zeph 3:17 as well, "The Lord your God is in your midst; A victorious warrior. He will exult (sing, over joyed with, same word is used to described the excitement and passion of a Groom for his bride) over you with joy, He will be quiet in (renew you) in His love, He will rejoice OVER you with SHOUTS (not whispers) of joy." That warms my heart as this sun does my face. Wow.... I notice that He is in my midst admist spring time. One of His names is the DaySpring of Life... that is so what this season is for me. He is springing up new days for me. He is my Day-spring! I love the spring! Let us forget what has been wintered behind and let us press on into the aroma of new life and spring up as new creations, blooming in their purpose as do the visible flowers.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah - when are you gonna start postin' girl? I miss your writing!

    ReplyDelete