Saturday, January 07, 2006

Blessed New Year!



Truly, every good and perfect gift comes from the Father of Lights, with whom there is no variation or unreliability. The Lord blessed my family with the awesome opportunity to ski in the New Year in Crested Butte, Colorado. This was an extra special surprising gift, as Crested Butte was the original place my brother and I learned to ski. We had a blast! The weather was crisp and perfect, except for the blizzard on Tuesday. The snow was at least 4 packed feet at the base of the mountain with flurries and flakes during the day. We skied all day and did not have to ski the same run twice. It was exhilarating!

As I skied up and down and tranversed side ways, my mind recalled a spiritual truth. "Wash me, Lord, and I will be whiter than snow." (Ps.51: 7) "Come now, let us reason together, says our Lord, though your sins be like scarlet, they will be (and are) as white as snow." (Is 1:18) I love how simply the Lord talks about such profound topics as salvation and sanctification. He makes the beautiful pictural analogy between our new natures in Christ and the whitest element, snow. As I floated on top of the snow, it glimmered in the sunlight, almost blinding my eyes. It was so white and bright, when it was relflecting the sun. You see, we are most bright and "glorfied" when we are reflecting the purity and glory of the Son! It is amazing, that our Infinite God uses finite things in order to speak to our hearts. My blood demanding scarlet sins were made whiter than snow even, when I first believed in and received Jesus Christ. He is continuing to make us purer and brighter through the "express image of His person"... "for with an unveiled face, as beholding in a mirror, we are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory." (I Cor.3:18) " And "when Christ, who is our life, is revealed, we also will be revealed with Him in glory." (Col. 3:3)



When my profound Father teaches me so simply of His ways as He promises to do in Ps.25, I stand awed. I can never look at or ski in snow the same way again... for just as it is the definition of pure white so am I viewed as whiter still, through the eyes of snow's Creator! Oh how I love Him and His ways with me... May He laden our hearts with lessons like this all year long and sharpen our eyes to find His supernatural in the natural!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sa-bay! I love staying connected with you through our blogs from Alabama to Tampa, FL! Keep posting photos of your beloved family, I love to see and read how great y'all are doing. Love to Aunt Nancy, Uncle Gary, Cousin Seth and my sweet Sister/Cousin Sarah from Lela and Art!

    ReplyDelete