Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Whispered Words


I am learning much of the voice of God. It is not the tonality of Him as it is the tenacity of Him. He speaks to me through anything, anyone all the time. He wrote the first written word and created the first correspondence. Would He not always be speaking then? It is the opened ear, the ready heart, and the enlightened eye that can find Him and His sweet voice. His voice patiently whispers to me some days and intensely directs on others. However, He speaks. He talks to my heart not to my head. He speaks to my spirit not intelligence. Though He uses the mind, the rational, and the emotions to show me His will and way, it is truly His Word that whispers. He enlivens it daily. He defines it nightly. God is a perfect communicator. I love when He not only speaks direction, but listens to my heart's words, sometimes groans. The most powerful Lover, the most precise Communicator, and the perfect Lover...this is the Man that talks to me. Why should He even communicate with me at all? Dare I not communicate back? The most simple, yet overlooked way of communicating, is listening. Though many call my name and a myrid of voices I hear...it is Him I listen to and locate in my friends. He affirms His love for me through the voice of someone dear and close. One of his many voices in my life can be defined as the trusted faces and friends that I call "mine". Thank you friends for speaking your heart to my heart. Even more than that, for speaking His heart every time. As His Words, through their many voices, continue to speak... may I remain hearing. "Speak Lord, for your servant is listening". Why should He even communicate with me at all? Dare I not communicate back? The most simple, yet overlooked way of communicating, is listening.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:13 PM

    Sarah Ott...You are just as amazing away from JH Ranch as you are when you are there. I do hope so much that you remember me, otherwise this might freak you out a litte. :-) But I miss you and hope your doing well!
    Monika Scott

    ReplyDelete