Monday, April 04, 2011

Writing...

I truly believe the Lord Jesus has authored a breathing space for me in the month of April to HEAR & WRITE. Yet again, through voices and circumstances, He takes me back to Revelation 12: 5 that states, “ Write, for these things are true.” When a sentence begins with a verb, the noun is obvious. He is telling ME the verb, to write. Sarah, just express all the stories that are in you- ones I have written and ones I am continuing to chapter. There is much on my heart, in my mind, and on my life that begs to be articulated. I want to be more faithful and consistent on my blog, possibly growing the intrigue and listening ears. Blog writing, journaling, and Word processing- which avenue do I start? I dont know. I dont know the politics, process, or procedure of this next adventure. I just want to express, communicate, and share with those who will listen. I love to tell a story weaved with truth that He reveals. For many different reasons, the Lord grants me with a myriad of stories both humorous and heavy. I love telling a story... writing is one way to do that. Pictures are another way for me. Mixing the art of telling a story with painting a picture is a passion of mine. Writing as if I was talking with someone face to face and placing them in the situation I am describing is a love. However, the calling on my life is not so much to leave people with my stories as it is with His threaded throughout them. His voice echoing, laughing, stilling, and teaching through it all.

While in LA most of the April month, reading will also be consistent. I am reading The Resilient Life and A Homemade Life currently. Both so different but so great. I love the way Molly mixes words and phrases things in her “Homemade Life”. It is in theory a cookbook wrapped around her life story. I would love my books to be devotionals with Biblical nuggets through scripture packaged within my unfolding life story. So I am learning from other authors. Gordon in “The Resilient life” just leaves me wanting that backbone of courage and mental character to do what I know He is calling me to do. I am only a few chapters into both of these but they are inspiring me to act, thus this entry. Viral accountability is a unique thing that “blogging” prompts without effort. The more I write the more accountable I am to continue to write. Interesting how all this works, online. I dont know if or what people will read my musings but that is not why I am expressing really. It is as Jeremiah said, “It is a fire shut up in my bones and indeed I cannot hold it in any long”. That is why I write and express- if you read and enjoy, that is wonderful icing on an already great cake.

I am excited to pour out through words. I don't know what the finished product ( if there will ever be one) will resemble but I think for the first time I am giving myself permission to enjoy the process not just look to the finish. So here we go....

No comments:

Post a Comment