Saturday, September 18, 2010

Psalm 27

Woke up with ache in my mind and heart today after an act of obedience this week. Obedience hurts. God asks of us "faith works" that sometimes do not logically make sense in the grand scheme of the story but faith moves forward, despising the pain, and obeys anyway. As my eyes slowly opened this morning my mind immediately wants to wander into What If Land. Have you ever visited that land? It is not a place to vacation. It is not even a place worth visiting. What If Land steals joy, kills hope, and paralyzes faith that longs to move forward. I hate that land. Pain is the passport and I was headed there in my thought life today. As my mind was wandering over the border this morning Psalm 27:13 stopped me. It literally was etched in bold across my thoughts.

"I WOULD HAVE despaired unless I HAD BELIEVED that I WOULD see the Goodness of the Lord in the land of the living".

The land of the living! That is where I want to walk and have my mind centered. The Land of the living is the here and now IN Christ that brings hope, joy and peace because it is a land full of His goodness to the enlightened eye! Enlighten my eyes O Jesus. I love the past tense used: "I would have despaired", BUT DID NOT. "I had believed" long ago and still do that I WILL ( coming future) see, not just hope for, His goodness! He is good and He is for us, even when every other voice or thought screams otherwise. He is good. Taste and SEE that He is good!

Oh the word just flooded me as my eyes opened and closed this morning on that one verse.
Ps 27:13.

I made my way out of bed, a little sore all over, and walked the dogs. Every step I took I was envisioning that verse and His goodness filling my soul ( mind, will, emotions) and my life presently. Taking my thoughts captive and putting away the passport. I was not going to travel to that What If Land anymore! I asked GOD to continue echoing to me His truth for every lie that would enter.

I had an impression to check my email upon entering the house with my two sweaty dogs. What was there but an email from Passion City Church on Psalm 27! There it was IN BOLD in my mailbox: Psalm 27. When He speaks a Word, He repeats His Word. How sweet of Him! I am clinging to Him as an anchor when all else has failed. I am standing, though feeble, on His Word that resonates deep in my mind not just on the pages of paper. His Word is real to me, needed by me, and spoken to me.

"Blessed are the pure in heart for they will SEE God". Matt 5 Oh I long to see Him in the here and now of life. I do see Him actually. I see God in everything, even the pain. I see God though a little blurry through my tears. Maybe that means He is sharpening my vision and purifying my heart then! Wow. To see Him, know Him, sense Him, and hear Him instead of wandering into What If Land! Thank you Father
. Show Yourself Oh Lord again and again. Thank you for Psalm 27!

"I would have despaired had I not believed that I WOULD SEE the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."

No comments:

Post a Comment