Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Crossroom


I am learning much of childness in faith. Teaching preschool is taking me to preschool. How daunting life can be when it is braved with my own efforts and my own faith strength. These precious children have their whole lives ahead of them. Heartaches,football try outs, best friendships, first kiss, travels, college life, love, dreams, and careers of choice. They know no other way to approach life than with reckless abandon and excitement. They have no idea and joys and sorrows that await them in this world. Neither did I. But my Father did before I was born. When I was yet unmade, He fashioned all my days, the good and bad ones. He knew all the tears of pain and tears of joy that this little girl would cry. What a comfort it is to know that "it is not in a man to direct his own steps"... for truly "the steps of the righteous are ordered by the Lord". Though I never thought I would be teaching preschool right now, nor would I have ever thought I would be back in preschool learning "christianity" as life not principles....it was fashioned this way by Him. I would have it no other way. My children walk into my classroom daily just as I walk into my crossroom with my Teacher daily. It is sweet and intimate to let Him break and teach me all over again with His school of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment