Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Community

Tonight I am privileged to have dinner with Pastor Peter Tan Chi and his wife, Deonna from the Philippines. Christ Commission Fellowship is their church. www.ccf.org.ph

God unites His people of this world for reasons beyond us. I lived in Austria during the fall of 2006 and became very close to their daughter, Carolyn. She has a passion for the Lord like few woman I have met, and I have met a lot. Carolyn stands out, heads above others, in a crowd because of how committed her heart is to the One and Only God. She and I found a commonality between our hearts as if we were separated from birth. Community was born between us and has maintained over these 4.5 years. There is nothing like unity of the spirit in the bond of peace as Eph. states.

It is not coincidence that finally I get to meet her beloved family the very same week of Catalyst, which brings them to the USA. I am excited to find commonality with them as we mention our Lord's names and wonders. I am humbled to fellowship, glean, and serve with thousands at Catalyst 2011 this week as well. I will be reporting from a suite- so keep checking for blog posts this week and facebook updates.

Community is common unity. How small the world of believers becomes when lived in light of common unity shared in a large God!

No comments:

Post a Comment