Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Write It Down




Ok so I am contemplating the effort and reward of writing or "blogging" as we call it, on a more consistent basis. Consistency is a word that needs to be defined. Life is full but so is my heart therefore I long to communicate. In this season I think consistency could be once a week or so maybe. I mean, really, who has time to jot and tittle their life away while they are living it too? I feel compelled to write though time comes and goes. Intentionality comes along with this type of writing. So here is my confession of needing to write more. Revelation 21:5 says "And the one seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new!” Then He said to me, “Write it down, because these words are reliable and true.”

I am compelled to write. He has told me. He is indeed doing new things all the time, worth recording and remembering. I pray my words are reliable and true, however His are all the time. Praise! I aim to share His word through my experience with my tiny knowledge through my unfolding life stories for His glory by His spirit's power. There will be honesty, humor, word pictures, biblical truth, heart ramblings, confessions, hopes shared, and many questions left unanswered at times along the way. But "write it down" keeps running through my mind. So as Nike says, just do it. I have talked much of this and dreamed of writing (rambling) long enough now that I just want to do it not dream it. Big difference.

There is so much to share from the simple to the significant. I dont have the corner on anything nor am I the greatest aspiring writer. However through writing I can achieve a true state of catharsis in my soul. I think there are many like that in the world. Writing is a gift of expression from the Greatest Author. I long to steward that gift well. I love to free flow what is in my head, on my heart, or throughout my day with the beauty of words. I love knowing I have spoken, been heard, and hopefully understood. I enjoy painting pictures with my words through my life stories, the ones I write and even more so, the ones God trumps mine with. He is the best Author, isnt He? I love articulating what He reveals to me and in me, whether right or wrong. Writing is solace. Writing is healing. Writing even right now is telling me I should "just do it". So Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment